[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Pond Software • View topic - Favourite C64 games?

Favourite C64 games?

A lovely machine!

Re: Favourite C64 games?

Postby Roysterini » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:22

I'm finding it hard to remember my fave C64 games. I keep recalling games I loved and they are mostly Spectrum games. (Starquake, Bruce Lee, Cyclone, Highway Encounter, Knightlore, Alien 8, Atic Atac, Elite etc). Yes, I know lots of them ended up on C64, but I fell in love with them on the ZX.

When I got my C64, I was more into the music and learning programming etc.

I did really love Leaderboard though. Had a bit of a thing for Zolyx and play Great Gianna Sisters quite a lot. Mostly though, the games I liked were probably for the music for the majority of the time.

I don't know if this revelation is a bad thing, but it's a fact. I'd never be without my C64 though. I can do stuff with it other than just load and play a game and that has a great deal of appeal.
Roysterini
POND game dev

Postby Ant » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:59

We used to have a whole lot of fun with Leaderboard. Still a smashing golf game.

And I think it's totally cool preferring games on whichever system you fell in love with.
Ant
POND game dev

Postby Unkle K » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:52

Boulderdash!!
Unkle K
Newt

Postby duhproject » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:40

duhproject
POND beta tester

Postby BrantHan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51

Last edited by BrantHan on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:56, edited 2 times in total.
BrantHan
Tadpole

Postby Craig » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07

Lode runner in a classic, one of my fave games too!
Craig
POND game dev

Postby Scipioafricanus » Tue May 22, 2018 10:27

To be honest i like most of the games from C-64 maybe because it was my childhood but there is few games that i remember best
Project Firestart - i finish this game when i was 5 years old .. but after a evening sessions i was so scared that i could not sleep ^^
Montezuma revenge - one of the first game i ever played on C64 and love it ^^
Kupiec (Merchant) - trade game from Poland - i loved to play that on both c64 and amiga after i upgrade my Computetr system ;)
lode runner, Bruce Lee, Hat-trick from Konami, Decathlon, Microprose Soccer, Turrican, and many many more^^
It is quiet hard to choose from C64 games as there is so many good games :)

Now playing Hibernated 1 and hoping that there will be sequel ;)
Scipioafricanus
Newt

Postby 8bit_era » Tue May 22, 2018 1:16

If you count the bonus adventures for the physical releases in, then there will be 5 sequels to Hibernated ;)

My fav. games for the C64 are probably well-known classics:

* Last Ninja 2
* Boulder Dash
* The Lurking Horror
* Maniac Mansion
* Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday
* Die Dunkle Dimension (wonderful German Ultima clone)
8bit_era
POND game dev

Postby Scipioafricanus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:01

What a lovely weekend, finally i found game that i have been looking for ages but did not remembered title:)
spent lots of time over the weekend play it with my 5 year old son and he love it as well!!:)

Periscope UP! - great game i remember playing that on Atari 65xe when i was 3/4 year old and finally get it on my C64:)
Scipioafricanus
Newt

Postby Roysterini » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:43

Doesn't look dissimilar to Exploding Fish. (gameplay style)
Roysterini
POND game dev

Previous

Return to C64