DAAD Adventure Writer - back after 30 years!

A lovely machine!

DAAD Adventure Writer - back after 30 years!

Postby 8bit_era » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:36

Hi, Stefan here and I have some great news to share. The system I'm using to develop my adventures is finally accessible to all of you, after it had been lost in the perpetual tides of time many years ago! DAAD Adventure Writer is a multi-machine and multi-graphics adventure development environment. DAAD was created from 1988-1991 as an in-house solution for the Spanish cult adventure forge Aventuras AD. It is the final and most sophisticated tool to emerge from Gilsoft's Quill / PAWs roots and it was never available to the public. I teamed up with adventure legend Tim Gilberts, founder of Gilsoft / Infinite Imaginations, the original author of the system. Together we completely restored and extended DAAD! You may use this thread for any questions you have. Whether it is about the release or in case you seek guidance when working with the system. Imagine worlds!

Get DAAD and read the full post on the official project page: http://8-bit.info/infinite-imaginations-aventuras-ad/

8bit_era
POND game dev

Re: DAAD Adventure Writer - back after 30 years!

Postby Ant » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:58

Just a quick thank you for this post and for all of your hard work on making DAAD available, Stefan. I can't wait to get stuck into this!
Ant
POND game dev

Postby 8bit_era » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:03

Just a short update that our recent efforts with recovering the long-lost DAAD Adventure Writer have been honored in "The Classic Adventurer", a lovely magazine dedicated to text adventure games and their wonderful artworks. Both Tim Gilberts and I (Stefan) are featured in the issue. The article is called "Raiders of the lost Parser". You may order the magazine as print media, you can also download a PDF for free, both from http://classicadventurer.co.uk

8bit_era
POND game dev

Postby Ant » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:32

Downloaded!
Ant
POND game dev

Return to C64