Favourite C64 games?

A lovely machine!

Re: Favourite C64 games?

Postby Roysterini » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:22

I'm finding it hard to remember my fave C64 games. I keep recalling games I loved and they are mostly Spectrum games. (Starquake, Bruce Lee, Cyclone, Highway Encounter, Knightlore, Alien 8, Atic Atac, Elite etc). Yes, I know lots of them ended up on C64, but I fell in love with them on the ZX.

When I got my C64, I was more into the music and learning programming etc.

I did really love Leaderboard though. Had a bit of a thing for Zolyx and play Great Gianna Sisters quite a lot. Mostly though, the games I liked were probably for the music for the majority of the time.

I don't know if this revelation is a bad thing, but it's a fact. I'd never be without my C64 though. I can do stuff with it other than just load and play a game and that has a great deal of appeal.
Roysterini
POND game dev

Postby Ant » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:59

We used to have a whole lot of fun with Leaderboard. Still a smashing golf game.

And I think it's totally cool preferring games on whichever system you fell in love with.
Ant
POND game dev

Postby Unkle K » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:52

Boulderdash!!
Unkle K
Newt

Postby duhproject » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:40

Ant wrote:We used to have a whole lot of fun with Leaderboard. Still a smashing golf game.

And I think it's totally cool preferring games on whichever system you fell in love with.

I still play Leaderboard from time to time -- I think it holds up incredibly well, not just for its time, but even compared to modern golf games. Frankly, the graphics are the only real difference. The mechanics are still about the same and are great. When I worked for Prima Games we would sometimes have virtual meetings within Tiger Woods golf via Xbox live on the headsets. We would play 9 and just talk about work projects. Pretty freakin awesome. Ha!
duhproject
POND beta tester

Postby BrantHan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51

There's so many games that I love but I really enjoy lode runner the most for some reason.
BrantHan
Tadpole

Postby Craig » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07

Lode runner in a classic, one of my fave games too!
Craig
POND game dev

Previous

Return to C64